[jbpm-dev] Re: BI in 3.3.0.GA

Tom Baeyens tbaeyens at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 03:01:22 EDT 2008

Heiko Braun wrote:
> The console roadmap we disussed beginning of august aims
> at a replacement of the console in 3.2 for end of november.
> it requires at least a release cycle for public review before it will go
> into the platform.

What is expected in jbpm-3.3.0.GA targetted for Nov 1st ?  How much will the new
console differ in functionality from the JSF based console ?

Which console will be shipped in jbpm-3.3.0.GA both or only the new one ?

Do you anticipate to maintain backend pluggability for 3 and 4 ?  Or will the jBPM 4
console be a fork ?

> IMO the console will have a release cycle on it's own
> and can subsequently be included via CP or as a point release in the
> community download.
>
> In general I'd say the JSF is dead as long as we find someone to
> maintain it.

I thought it would be easier to put the JSF console together jBPM 3 in maintenance
after 3.3.0.GA.  But that's your call.  If you think you can get something in jBPM 3
which is roughly the same functionality and stability, then of course from a
supportability point of view that is a good improvement.

regards, tom.

--
regards, tom.