[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: jBPM 4 Emails Sync vs Async

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 7 11:08:16 EDT 2009

"bradsdavis" wrote : I dont see the benefit of limiting the email producer to one email.

  | To code that in jbpm 3 would mean creating a dynamic fork, and forking over the email node multiple times, or creating a loop in the process and looping over for each person.
  |
  | Not only is this inefficient [multiple forks or looping would produce a lot more records in logging, more records for tokens, etc] versus just allowing the email node to produce multiple emails, it is also messy looking in the process definition.
  |
  | If we get a generic service for sending email for free, why not?  It is free, and it allows much more flexibility.

this MailSession does not limit the jpdl email language features that we want to build on top of it.

we could still have something like eg

<mail to-groups="sales-dept, #{claim.type.department}" send-individually="true">
  | </mail>

and internally, the mail activity can translate that to first obtaining all users to which this email is to be sent.  and then send a mail with the MailSession for each user that is supposed to receive a mail.

the main point i try to make is that the jpdl attributes and behaviour is decoupled from the MailSession interface.

buiding out the jpdl language attributes is the biggest challenge imo.  we should not introduce attributes lightly.  after we release GA, we cannot just remove, change or rename attributes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224087#4224087

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224087