[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Concurrency in jBPM4

roschmel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 11 03:42:55 EST 2009

I do not use pessimistic locking because it is necassary to synchronize against the parent parent parent.... process instance because a signal anywhere in the process can cause data changes up in the hierachy. So I would have to make a loadInstanceForUpdate on the parent instance.

Using pessimitic locking on the row level causes deadlock situations in the database where orcale throws exceptions then.

I decided to do it with a jboss cache so that i can relase the jbpmcontext during the wait for the lock in order not to hold the the database resources during waiting. But the loadInstnaceForUpdate would definitly be an option I think.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4208880#4208880

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4208880