[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: task assignee vs owner

KrisVerlaenen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 16 12:34:07 EST 2009

anonymous wrote : anonymous wrote : +1 for the shared task component supporting WS-HT (but not being tied to it, means having a pluggable life cycle). Kris, is there an easy example using your task component and how to change life cycle?
  |   |

  | Either you go for WS-HT or you don't. But it doesn't make sense to rip it apart and customize bits and pieces. You'd loose the benefit of the specification in the first place.

Bernd, while we have tried to take into account that the life cycle might need to be pluggable in our design, we didn't really put a lot of focus on it, hence we don't have examples or documentation on how to change it.  But I guess you could take a look at the implementation of our TaskServiceSession.  Generic documenation on our human task service (work in progress) can be found here:
https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/docs/drools-flow/html/ch09.html.

I don't think that you should either go for WS-HT or not at all, as the implementation is fully pluggable (meaning that the process engine should be able to work with different implementations).  It just means that by default you could follow the WS-HT spec, but in cases where people want to change it, you could provide the hooks that enable them to do that.  But then they are responsible.

Kris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210445#4210445

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210445