[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: task assignee vs owner

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 16 14:17:33 EST 2009

I agree with Kris and Bernd regarding the WS-HT usage and plugability

Although I'm also partly with Tom that if you can write almost 1MB of specs about 'task management' it is complex. Secondly (and there may be 'workarounds') I dislike the WS-* nature of it. Makes it way to complex imo. I want xsd's not wsdl's

Bernd wrote :
  | Kris wrote :
  |   | you are confronted with logic that could best be represented using a business process and other logic where you would like to use rules. So in that sense it makes sense to integrate them.
  |   |

  | I agree on that. This is why integrating jbpm and drools is a very good idea! But I would keep seperation of concers, so state chart in jbpm and rules in Drools.

Yes, integrate them in the SOA platform, not in one project. But politics.....I've never had a problem integrating jBPM and Drools in one application. I did not use either of their deployment methods and just bundled them in versions of applications. Works great (multiple versioned webapps related to processes/rules is a much more complex problem)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210481#4210481

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210481