[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: oryx and jbpm

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 17 15:04:21 EST 2009

"eikish" wrote : Hi, I'm that "Eiki" :)

Hi Eirikur, nice to meet you with your real name :-)

"eikish" wrote : It seems that developers are mostly creating visual XForms syntax editors but not form editors that use XForms underneath if you know what I mean....

i don't and i would like to know.  can you explain that a bit more ?

"eikish" wrote : I think with Oryx this strategy would be best as well but I'm worried about backward compatability. We are using jBPM 3.3 and don't see that v.4 will be out any time soon so I need to make sure we build (or you as well?) a jpdl extension to oryx that will work on jBPM 3.3 as well...

  | Will JPDL4 work on 3.3?

we aim to supply migration support including a tool for translating jbpm 3 processes to jpdl 4.

jbpm 4 will not be backwards compatible with jbpm 3.  though the basic structure would be the same.  if you have the jpdl 3 plugin, it should not take a big effort to port it to 4.

if you're willing to lead it, we'ld like to host and maintain the oryx extension to import/export oryx to jpdl 4.  we can help with setting up the module in our codebase.

what kind of dependencies are involved in creating an oryx extension ?  is that development maven based ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210841#4210841

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210841