[jbpm-dev] form builder updates and requirements gathering

Tihomir Surdilovic tsurdilo at redhat.com
Thu May 17 11:18:40 EDT 2012

On 5/17/12 8:31 AM, Mauricio Salatino wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I was working with the form builder these last couple of days and I
> manage to provide support for file system storage. Making the form
> builder independent from Guvnor. You now can change the repository via
> a spring configuration file and deploy the form builder component
> without the need of any other component being deployed.
>
> Now when I was trying to create a simple web application that will
> host the form that was created inside the form builder, I've started
> finding that some more work needs to be done in order to provide
> external applications the right set of dependencies which includes the
> model, the services and the renderers required to display the form.
> For this reason, I've started breaking up the projects
> jbpm-form-builder and jbpm-form-builder-api into a more granular
> structure. As soon as I get this refactoring ready I will write a blog
> post that shows how people can set up the form builder to start
> creating your forms and how they can publish and consume these forms
> from a different application.
>
> Besides, from the update I would like to take advantage of this
> opportunity to ask for feedback on this component and also for new
> requirements. What do you think that will be the most important
> requirements that we need to fulfill to satisfy a business user?
> Should we target technical users first? What do you expect from a
> component that is called Form Builder? All the inputs are valuable and
> will help me to scope my deliverables and deadlines accordingly.
Being able to create and test forms in-line with the process modelling
efforts (do not have to switch tools/screens/whatever) IMO would be
great to have.
Ability to make manual changes to the source generated by the Form Build
is also IMO very important but afaik mariano said that was not easily
possible to do.

Thanks.