[jbpm-dev] jBPM maven archetypes

Maciej Swiderski mswiders at redhat.com
Thu May 24 13:36:44 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

thought I will share this with you as some can have similar needs - I
created a new repository on github for maven archetypes related to jbpm
(https://github.com/mswiderski/jbpm-archetypes). It is on my github but
if we think that could be useful in the future we could promote it to
the main location. Currently there is only one archetype available for
building domain specific services that will do quite a bit for developer:
- prepare project with initial structure (wid file template, help web
page template, work item handler class template)
- comes with assembly definition that will package the project into
structure that service repository expects
- wid file will be populated with all runtime dependencies derived from pom

So developer needs to define service dependencies, implement the handler
and define the work item (parameters, icon, description and eclipse
editor if special one is needed).

I think we can add more archetypes for jBPM such as web application
archetype to bootstrap developers to start developing systems based on jBPM.

For those that would like to give it a test drive, simple clone the
repo, run mvn clean install and then you are ready to build your domain
specific services by generating the project from the archetype: mvn
archetype:generate . By default it will be in interactive mode so you'll
be asked some questions, Archetype that you need is
org.jbpm:domain-service-archetype.

Comments? Thoughts?

Cheers
Maciej