[jbpm-users] Migration of Savvion based implementation into jBPM

vidhya prabhu vidhyakp28 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 03:21:21 EDT 2012

Hi Mauricio,

We have 4-5 case types and each case-type has its own workflow. Every
workflow has four phases and each phase has phase-activities which in-turn
has worksteps (templates).
1. Phases could be intial, in-progress, contract and production.
2. Phase-activities are department specific. For eg. Sales, Operation etc.
3. Worksteps are assigned to a group(team) or specific user.
   Certain worksteps have some business-rule validation before execution
which requires to be fulfilled.
   The approach used is using of tokens. A workstep can have many
validation tokens separated by comma. e.g VALIDATE_EMAIL,VALIDATE_USERNAME.

Once we deploy this business flow, using Savvion BPM Studio, it internally
copies the BPM related files to server and creates a table for each
template.

Now the process is as follows:
1. Application has a provision to start the process flow - Savvion creates
a process instance for the template and add one entry in respective
database table. For eg, we have a template name 'App_CustomerContact',
table name same as template name. This process-instance is related to only
one case.
2. The application makes user available with assigned worksteps. The user
then completes these worksteps (We call it as measure-points). Once the
user has completed his assigned worksteps, the next workstep will be
available to team/other user as per business flow. (P.S. attached
Application-UI-Fig1)

Please find attached screens to make it much clearer.

So we require to migrate our existing process-instances into jBPM and also
create new processes using jBPM templates.
We do have knowledge how Savvion creates data into its database.

*App_CustomerContact template:*
*
*
[image: Inline image 1]