[Jbug-leaders] Enhancement request for JBoss Community App

Arun Gupta arun.gupta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 23:00:09 EST 2014

Hi Raj,

Thanks for sharing the feedback! Please see in line response ...

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 7:32 AM, rajmahendra at gmail.com
<rajmahendra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some of my views about JBoss Community App
>
> I feel the site is slow. Not sure how others feel but from Chennai, Its
> responding slowly.
Seems pretty snappy from San Francisco. Can you quantify "slow" ? Is
it reproducible ? Can you file a JIRA issue at
http://issues.jboss.org/browse/ORG ?

> To reach my group(JBUG-Chennai) I need to travel a lot...
> after login > profile > places >  check in the list of places then click
> Chennai.
> Or after login > get involved > places > groups > Chennai,
> The Profile in top right corner do have a drop-down but it shows main
> profile links. It can be changes to display some useful information of user
> + display the list of groups the user belong.
>
>From jboss.org team ...

this page shows how many followers the space have:
https://community.jboss.org/en/jbug-leaders/people

If user needs to be emailed when any activity  happens in the space or
user then right approach is set up "Activity Stream" on homepage.

Here is bunch of tutorials how to work with the platform:
https://community.jivesoftware.com/groups/jive-user-training

Especially
https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-105444

> If I have joined any group, by default i am not getting any emails of
> activity happening in that group. I am forced to visit the site each time.
> After searching around I found that this setting is in my Profile >
> Preferences > Community Digest (Digest of what's going on in the community)
> By default its set to NEVER.
> This approach also forcing me to decide one setting for all the group! I may
> need mails from some groups i may not need from other. This is not possible
> :(

>From jboss.org team ...

We set the Community Digest to NEVER in response to complaints from
other users who didn't want to have to turn it off so there's no way
to please everyone here. The word 'Community' refers to everything we
host at community.jboss.org so it's correct that the digest email
contains information about everything.

> Group page is not showing how many members are there.
jboss.org provides a default set of services. If these services don't
meet your requirements, the JBUG can certainly be hosted on meetup.com
or other similar websites.

Arun

http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta