[jopr-dev] tomcat and agent security

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 13:09:19 EST 2009

I just checked in a third (but commented) Tomcat <Connector>. It can be uncommented by users if they need this capability.

The comments in server.xml tell you when you would might want to do this:

      <!-- Provides a secure but un-authenticated https connector for browsers to use.
           Uncomment this connector if all of the following are true:
           1) the server-to-agent communications is secured via the sslservlet transport
           2) the server-to-agent communications always require agents to authenticate themselves with certificates
           3) you want to allow users' browsers to access the GUI via the https: protocol
           4) you do not want to force users' browsers to authenticate themselves with certificates
      -->

Just to be clear, by default, this connector doesn't exist and its port isn't open - out of box this connector will be commented out. You have to explictly turn it on by uncommenting it if you want it.

(BTW: I did test this scenario and it works - you can have two secure connectors where one requires cert auth and the other doesn't)