[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] Proposal Faces Managed Bean Annotations For Containers that implement Servlet 2.5 and Beyond

Pete Muir pmuir at REDHAT.COM
Sun Apr 5 14:30:10 EDT 2009

Hi Kito,

Not advocating one way or another, and I do completely understand the
desire to have JSF run standalone in a servlet container.

On 5 Apr 2009, at 13:28, Kito Mann wrote:

> I think the major point here is that you should be able to write a
> real JSF app without any other libraries. We are so close to that
> with JSF 2 -- the only thing missing is conversation scope.
> (Managed beans are not very powerful, but they're good enough for
> some cases).
>
> Furthermore, the dependency on JSP 2.1 really hurt JSF, and if we go
> down that road again, I think it's really going to hurt adoption
> again. I'm not at all convinced that the Java EE vendors won't take
> another 1-2 years to implement Java EE 6. Also, so far we've been
> telling everyone this will run on Java EE 5.

299 is targeted at EE5 and EE6.

>>> http://mojavelinux.com/seaminaction