[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] Proposal Faces Managed Bean Annotations For Containers that implement Servlet 2.5 and Beyond

Jason Lee jason at STEEPLESOFT.COM
Sun Apr 5 18:05:31 EDT 2009

I'm with Kito.  One of the main things I've been pitching is the
(near) total lack of XML for most use cases, and that's made a lot of
people really excited about the new spec.  I'd rather see something
now and then have to determine some sort of migration strategy later
for those wishing to leverage the EE 6 managed bean facility (or
JSR-299).  Furthermore, I think Kito's exactly right on the issue of
depending on EE6 for JSF 2.  I think the EE5 dependence really hurt
1.2's adoption, and history has shown that vendors are slow to reach
compatibility (one vendor just release an EE5-compliant container
laster fall!).  If our goal is to hamstring JSF2's adoption, EE6
dependence is the best way to do it. :)  Personally, I plan on
updating my GlassFish v2 installations to JSF 2 as soon as possible,
if it remains possible. :P

>>> http://mojavelinux.com/seaminaction
>>> http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan
>>>
>>> NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a
>>> daily
>>> basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
>>> from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more
>>> than a week,
>>> it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message
>>> was
>>> caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a
>>> message if
>>> you feel that it did not reach my attention.
>>
>> --
>> Pete Muir
>> http://www.seamframework.org
>> http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Pete