[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] Proposal Faces Managed Bean Annotations For Containers that implement Servlet 2.5 and Beyond

Alexandr Smirnov asmirnov at EXADEL.COM
Tue Apr 7 17:42:05 EDT 2009

The whole discussion as about just one thing: JSF has to have managed
bean annotation support, but no one sure what kind of framework should
be used. Therefore, it should be pluggable, but internal @ManagedBean is
its default, for a same reason as small memory card in the box with
expensive SLR camera, to let framework working 'out of the box'.
It would be better to to figure out JSR-299, Spring, Seam, EJB and so on
requirements instead, and provide single 'BeanManager' in spite of
hack-like contexts, listeners and EL-resolvers, which are used for
integration now.