[jsr-314-open] JavaScript disabled support [Was: Outcome of JSFDays discussions]

Martin Marinschek mmarinschek at APACHE.ORG
Mon Apr 13 02:29:56 EDT 2009

> Therefore, I like the idea of deciding up front of
> a browser is going to support JavaScript or not and then choose the most
> optimal rendering from then on out (i.e., render normally once it's
> determined that JavaScript is enabled rather than using these hacks on every
> request).

I agree. Everything we do can only be a "best try" approach - nothing
more. Not only the basic styling of a button as link is a problem in
some (although only a very few) browsers, there is also the more
general problem of being able to specify any content for a link (often
an image and a text) and not being able to do the same for a button.

regards,

Martin