[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] jsr-314-comments at jcp.org goes straight to jsr-314-open.

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 20 18:30:16 EDT 2009

> 1. Forward emails from jsr-314-comments to jsr-314-open.
> 2. Open up jsr-314-comments (ie. make jsr-314-comments read/write/archived
> for the world).
>
> #2 maintains some separation between EG communications and EG+community
> communications.  #1 blurs the lines a bit more than #2 - ie. #1 is somewhat
> closer to making jsr-314-open truly open/writable to the world.  Anyone can
> send email to jsr-314-open - just that some folks use a different alias.
>  Perhaps eliminating the separation is a good thing.
>
> I don't have a strong sense for which of these two options would work
> better in practice.  Dan - I know you have spent more time thinking this
> through than I have.  Can you comment on how you view #1 vs #2?  Do you have
> a strong preference for #1?

Relaying the message allows a person's voice to be heard but gives them
little opportunity for engaging in a conversation. It's like playing
telephone and the result is that the message gets garbled. So #2 is what I
prefer. Plus, channeling messages from the community directly into the main
list just causes confusion. We need those threads isolated and interactive.
Then, when there is really an action item, it comes over into the main list
and we discuss how to address it formally. It's like having a -users and
-dev list split, except in this case -users would not be for questions about
how to use JSF, only how to improve it.

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.