[jsr-314-open] [293-Ajax] REOPEN rename <f:ajax> to <f:clientBehavior>?

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at SUN.COM
Thu Apr 23 04:43:10 EDT 2009

I am opening the 2.0 door a crack to consider this one renaming change.
Don't expect that I'll let other things through.

Several people have suggested renaming f:ajax to f:clientBehavior.  Here
are some arguments for and against renaming.

Arguments for renaming

* more correct.  The attached object is a clientBehavior

* it's possible and likely to use the tag for non-ajax things

* this is the 20% case

Arguments against renaming

* most users will be using the tag for Ajax

* IDE autocomplete is important to consider.  Many new users rely
  heavily on this feature and if we don't have an ajax tag, we force
  them to look at the docs.  Autocomplete junkies hate that.

* this is the 80% case

My opinion is not to rename, but Pete, Martin and I have different
thoughts on this so I'll bring it to the EG.

Ed