[jsr-314-open] <h:dataTable> binding vs. ui:repeat

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 13:45:11 EDT 2009

> > EL2 helps with this, but... now what if I have a ValueChangeEvent for an
> > input field on each <li> row? Now I can no longer use EL2 to pass the
> > row into the ValueChangeListener
>
> why not? <h:inputText
> valueChangeListener="#{myBean.valueChangeListener(listItem)}"/> should
> work in the next EL version respectively the JBoss EL, right?

In theory. Someone should check this because there are two things happening
here:

- Optional no-arguments method for ValueChangeListener
- Parametrized method in EL

Granted, in this case you aren't going to get the ValueChangeEvent argument
because you are opting to not accept it. Does that sound right?

Registered Linux User #231597

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan