[jsr-314-open] [NEW - MR] Add ExpressionFactory to "11.4.6 Delegating Implementation Support"

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at Sun.COM
Mon Aug 17 17:59:35 EDT 2009

PM> Hi all,
PM> I would like to propose adding ExpressionFactory to the list of
PM> classes required to support the decorator pattern. This is to aid
PM> integration with CDI (JSR-299) implementations, which are require a
PM> callback when EL expression evaluation completes; the necessary hook
PM> into EL is via the ExpressionFactory. Adding ExpressionFactory to this
PM> list would make implemetors have to jump through fewer hoops to obtain
PM> the callback [1].

PM> I propose this change to the MR so it can be used in the EE6 platform,
PM> the target for JSR-299.

DA> +1
DA> Has an issue report been created for this yet?

No, but the right issue tracker is <https://uel.dev.java.net/>.
Thankfully, this could just be specified as changes to the newInstance()
method on javax.el.ExpressionFactory.

Note that this can already be achieved by decorating the application
instance itself and overriding the getExpressionFactory method.

Ed