[jsr-314-open] [www.javaserverfaces.org] A couple of things

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at Sun.COM
Thu Dec 10 13:05:14 EST 2009

LB> [ Read this paragraph if in a hurry ]
LB> I've updated the http://www.javaserverfaces.org home page, and done a
LB> little reorganization on some others. I've word smithed a little and
LB> attempted to present main points with concise descriptions. This will
LB> continue to evolve, not only as we decide what information we want to
LB> present, but also learn to express what our vision for JSF is.

Big fan of the "executive summary" section.

FYI, I brought javaserverfaces.org and the logo contest up at the
non-technical meeting for the team responsible for the Java web tier.
(Sun calls this kind of meeting a "p-team" meeting.)  Transparency works
in many ways, and that also means transparency to the componany
sponsoring the JSR.  Naturally, there was support for these ideas and
the spirit behind them, but I can't commit to any official position
regarding the current implementation of these ideas.

In terms of technical content, I don't like using com.sun.faces as the
groupid for the maven archetype  It should be

groupId: javax.faces
artifactId: jsf-api
version: 2.0
scope: provided

We should mention that the preferred way to install a JSF impl it is to
put it into your container's lib dir, and describe also the
non-preferred way to put it into WEB-INF/lib.

Ed