[jsr-314-open] [www.javaserverfaces.org] A couple of things

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 15:35:11 EST 2009

> FYI, I brought javaserverfaces.org and the logo contest up at the
> non-technical meeting for the team responsible for the Java web tier.
> (Sun calls this kind of meeting a "p-team" meeting.)  Transparency works
> in many ways, and that also means transparency to the componany
> sponsoring the JSR.  Naturally, there was support for these ideas and
> the spirit behind them, but I can't commit to any official position
> regarding the current implementation of these ideas.

Yeah! Motion. Let's start a separate thread on the logo contest, we need to
get it off the ground, starting in the community.

> In terms of technical content, I don't like using com.sun.faces as the
> groupid for the maven archetype  It should be
>
> groupId: javax.faces
> artifactId: jsf-api
> version: 2.0
> scope: provided

Sorry, your earlier comment about updating the group id went over my head.
Corrected.

Currently, the tutorial is not sufficient because it doesn't explain how it
is being deployed (Jetty and Tomcat are different than GlassFish, as you
mention below). We need to get that clarified. I'm currently in the process
of working on some archetypes, so when those get published I'll update this
page with a better starting point. Details to come.

> We should mention that the preferred way to install a JSF impl it is to
> put it into your container's lib dir, and describe also the
> non-preferred way to put it into WEB-INF/lib.

Registered Linux User #231597