[jsr-314-open] [jsf2next] might as well face it, Facelets is XML

Jason Lee jason at steeplesoft.com
Sun Dec 13 16:10:11 EST 2009

On 12/13/09 11:16 AM, Dan Allen wrote:
> One thing to keep in mind with the default namespace is that if you
> want to use HTML, you would have to prefix it in the case above (which
> might be strange to some people):
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <component xmlns="jsf:cc" xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
> <interface>
> <attribute name="name" required="true"/>
> </interface>
> <implementation>
>       Hello, <html:strong>#{cc.attr.name
> <http://cc.attr.name/>}</html:strong>
> </implementation>
> </component>
Hmm.  Yuck. :) I don't mind using cc:foo.  I already have to prefix any
JSF components I use, so I don't mind using prefixes in general.  I
would, however, really hate life if I had to html:prefix html:every
html:last html:html html:widget (you get the point :) in the component.
I guess this being XML, you can choose the default namespace you want,
but I'm not sure *I* see much in that to get excited about. :)

--
Jason Lee, SCJP
President, Oklahoma City Java Users Group