[jsr-314-open] [jsf2next] might as well face it, Facelets is XML

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 18:03:57 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Jason Lee <jason at steeplesoft.com> wrote:

>  On 12/13/09 11:16 AM, Dan Allen wrote:
>
> One thing to keep in mind with the default namespace is that if you want to
> use HTML, you would have to prefix it in the case above (which might be
> strange to some people):
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>  <component xmlns="jsf:cc" xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
>    <interface>
>       <attribute name="name" required="true"/>
>    </interface>
>    <implementation>
>       Hello, <html:strong>#{cc.attr.name}</html:strong>
>    </implementation>
> </component>
>
> Hmm.  Yuck. :) I don't mind using cc:foo.  I already have to prefix any JSF
> components I use, so I don't mind using prefixes in general.  I would,
> however, really hate life if I had to html:prefix html:every html:last
> html:html html:widget (you get the point :) in the component.  I guess this
> being XML, you can choose the default namespace you want, but I'm not sure
> *I* see much in that to get excited about. :)

It's certainly a personal preference, but I think more than anything else,
this exemplifies the flexibility you get when you treat the template as
HTML. Basically, HTML doesn't have to be the top dog ;) And it depends on
how much HTML you are going to use. Some composite components may not use
HTML at all, but rather pure JSF component tags.

Registered Linux User #231597