[jsr-314-open] [jsf2.next] WITHDRAWN Proposal to support newsemantic HTML5 tags

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 15:26:42 EST 2009

While I think the concept of pluggable render kits is interesting, I wonder
if the amount of overhead required to successfully provide a new render kit
for a different content type, using the same facelet layout, is too high,
and if anyone is actually using the functionality.  Is it a feature we push
that nobody is going to use?

Most sites host a separate domain to handle this type of accessibility case,
eg: .mobi, or they just use a swappable stylesheet, which is a far simpler
solution.

Accessibility for text to speech is already provided by HTML/CSS.

I think presentation is intrinsicly coupled to the view files except for
trivial use cases, or extremely over-complicated architectures.

Lincoln Baxter III
http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com
Keep it simple.