[jsr-314-open] first post on jsr-314-public

Lincoln Baxter III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 17:49:08 EST 2009

I'm fine with explaining that it's there for voiced opinions, but tell
me again, is this something that will be resolved and synced to a
mailing list once we get all of that sorted out?

What is the expectation we'd like to set?

>         The public forums serve two purposes:
>
>         1. To allow the public to notify us of a deficiency in the
>         spec, or submit a feature request
>         2. To allow community members to discuss amongst themselves

A few thoughts:

#1 - I'm not sure. Should we just point them to the issue tracker? That
would streamline the process, however limiting public visibility to the
initial discussion, and I like discussion.

#2 - Sure.

Any others?

---
Lincoln Baxter, III