[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] JSF Wikipedia Page

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 19:25:29 EST 2009

Good point Jason. As the primary link, could you make it this link:
http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/index.jsp. Then, just create a
short section about the EG's dedication to openness and the creation of the
www.javaserverfaces.org root node. Because really,
www.javaserverfaces.orgis something created by the EG rather than Sun,
who really owns the
technology definition (I guess).

-Dan

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Jason Lee <jason at steeplesoft.com> wrote:

>  >From the hip, I'm not sure The Powers That Be at Sun are going to like
> the JSF Home Page point to javaserverfaces.org and not the Sun page.  Not
> sure how best to handle that, though.
>

> On 12/16/09 6:19 PM, Lincoln Baxter III wrote:
>
> I've taken the liberty of updating the JSF page on
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaServer_Faces
>
> I don't know how many of you have read it, but it was atrocious: horrible
> grammar, entire paragraphs that added almost no value (or should have been
> included in a section for "details nobody needs to know,") and generally too
> much text that said too little.
>
> Notably, I removed the comparison to other frameworks because it was rather
> uninformative (save the .net version) These features can be pulled back in,
> if we deem them to be accurate and beneficial to the audience (which on
> wikipedia, should be considered, "interested academics and business
> researchers",) so such a comparison may be valuable, but I assert that we
> should re-evaluate the manner in which is it done. The focus should be on
> JSF, not the other frameworks. (This section was almost as long as the rest
> of the article.)
>
> I've moved the focus from JSF1 to JSF2, while still keeping some references
> to JSF1 functionality. JSF2 is the new standard, and I've made that clear.
>
> Please feel free to add/update - it is our responsibility as the experts to
> make sure that the correct knowledge is on here. My focus is on clarity and
> understanding, but if someone more technical wants to elaborate on anything
> I've done, or add new information, go ahead, and I'll try to make sure it
> lays out well and flows intuitively.
>
> You can see all my changes here:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=JavaServer_Faces&action=historysubmit&diff=332153215&oldid=332141364
>
> Thanks,
>
> ---
> Lincoln Baxter, III
> http://ocpsoft.com
> http://scrumshark.com
> "Keep it Simple"
>

> --
> Jason Lee, SCJP
> President, Oklahoma City Java Users Group
> Senior Java Developer, Sun Microsystemshttp://blogs.steeplesoft.com

Registered Linux User #231597