[jsr-314-open] getting behind CDI

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 12:23:48 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Lincoln Baxter, III <
lincolnbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for posting this Dan. Its been on my to do list, but as usual,
> you've summed up the points thoroughly and clearly. I am 100% on board with
> acknowledging / deprecating the jsf built-in managed bean facility in favor
> of a platform feature. IMO, jsf is crippled without a full DI container.

Right. And the nice, neutral message for JSF 2 is "For your programming
model, use CDI (platform managed beans) or provide your own alternative bean
container, such as Spring. We are in the business of creating a UI component
model."

Registered Linux User #231597