[jsr-314-open] getting behind CDI

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:14:06 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Ed Burns <Ed.Burns at sun.com> wrote:

> said:
>
> DA> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 6:44 PM, David Geary <
> clarity.training at gmail.com>wrote:
> >> I'm all +1 for this.
> >>
> >> CDI is incredibly powerful, as Gavin says "it changes everything". It
> seems
> >> to me that loose coupling with strong typing, implemented with
> producers,
> >> events, interceptors, decorators and stereotypes, is the next logical
> step
> >> in the evolution of object-oriented development.
> >>
> >> And we get conversation scope to boot. :)
> >>

> DA> Yep. Adam Bien provided a nice taste of the kind of out-of-the-box
> DA> functionality you can get in a recent blog entry:
>
> DA> http://www.adam-bien.com/roller/abien/entry/java_ee_6_observer_with
>
> That does rock.  I wonder, though, might there be some power in
> combining system events with javax.enterprise.event.Events?
>
> We are going to prototype this idea in the Seam 3 faces module. You are
welcome to join in on the prototype effort (or anyone else for that matter).
We are still getting the build sorted out, so no rush. Just think about how
you might do it, and we can prototype together in the New Year. (Keep in
mind Sam 3 will be portable extensions for Java EE, so it's a great place to
prototype ideas for Java EE.next).

Registered Linux User #231597