[jsr-314-open] An observation on where we should focus attention

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at Sun.COM
Wed Dec 23 14:01:31 EST 2009

On 12/21/09 3:52 AM, Ganesh wrote:
> I've forwarded the statistics to the dojo list and people there,
> surprise, surprise, don't agree.

Actually, for the most part, they do agree.  jQuery is more popular, and
the comments either explicitly or implicitly acknowledge that...  I
didn't say anything about better, nor did I say that popularity should
be the basis for choosing a framework, though bluntly, it should be a
part of that decision, along with other fitness to task criteria.

 From the standpoint of looking at the various frameworks out there, the
popular ones are what I'm proposing we study.  What makes for a popular
framework?   Because sometimes it's just "first mover advantage", but
it's rarely only that.

Jim