[jsr-314-open] An observation on where we should focus attention

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 15:09:03 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Werner Punz <werner.punz at gmail.com> wrote:

> a) The import part, the import only once facility would be nice, but does
> it really matter in as jim pointed out, first there is the browser cache,
> secondly
> almost all libs have a double import blocker in its code which check for
> already existing data structures under their namespaces.
>
> I just thought it would be interesting if two components that requested
something like jQuery (even in different libraries) would recognize that
they are both asking for the same thing and just put one of them in the
head. I think that happens automatically if they happen to use the same
resource name. But if they are in different JAR files, then the resource
name won't be the same and a duplicate will be sent. So some sort of global
identifier much be nice for the most popular libraries.

Registered Linux User #231597