[jsr-314-open] An observation on where we should focus attention

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 15:22:58 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Lincoln Baxter, III <
lincolnbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then there's the lovely version issue, when each lib depends on a different
> jquery... oops; ) that one shouldn't happen too much, but Its worth
> considering... might be easy just to say "you're on your own"

Well, in a sense it would be like a Maven dependency in that you have to
specify a version range of compatibility. If the the page attempts to load
different versions, where one is not in the range of accepted versions of
the other, it would throw some sort of compatibility exception (otherwise,
you just get unexpected behavior in the page). I'm speaking fairly high
level here, but certainly worth considering if the goal is the really make
sure we support mixing and matching components.

Registered Linux User #231597