[jsr-314-open] An observation on where we should focus attention

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:13:44 EST 2009

I like the mapping idea, perhaps with a hook for your minification tool of
choice? One of the ideas I've been rollicking around is: minifaces

:)

Lincoln Baxter III
http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com
Keep it simple.

On Dec 23, 2009 4:01 PM, "Imre Osswald" <ioss at mx.jevelopers.com> wrote:

On 23.12.2009, at 21:22, Dan Allen wrote: > On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 3:17 PM,
Lincoln Baxter, III <l...
While it would be great to have jsf  automatically resolve
duplicates/versions, I think sometimes the developers has to get involved,
so first of all it should be possible to map resource-requests to other
resources, so that a user (=developer) could say  (.*)jquery(.*).js  maps to
lets say a jquery-min-1.2.13.js resource in some other jar or war.
(This could even be used to replace images of components with one line, if
you allow for references from the matches on the source-regexp in the
target-exp)
While it is possible to do that on your own, I think that could be a
valuable addition to the specs.

Concerning version issues, I don't think we should come up with a solution
(which would probably involve versionnamespacing the included scripts and
the calls to it... ugly!) but as suggested just say "you're on your own".

Imre