[jsr-314-open] f:viewParam property javadoc inconsistent

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 19:51:38 EDT 2009

> Just to note it (maybe you already noted it, maybe not), the javadoc for
> jsp and pld is inconsistent for this component.
>
> It appear two properties: maxlength and for, but no property getter and
> setter founded on javax.faces.component.UIViewParameter.
>
> In theory, a component that works on jsp and facelets should have the same
> properties. The only justification for have one property in facelet and not
> in jsp is some hack on its related TagHandler (really I have never seen this
> case), but this does not seem to be the case.

The maxlength property should not be on the viewParam tag and therefore
should be removed from the following two files.

/jsf-ri/conf/share/jsf_core.tld
/jsf-ri/conf/share/facelets_jsf_core.tld

The preferred approach is to use a validator.

The for attribute on viewParam when used as a Facelets tag is correct. It's
there to support relocation of a tag in a composite component. So you won't
find a matching attribute in UIViewParameter. However, I still have to
wonder if this is even a relevant use case.

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan