[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] Final Draft Release Candidate 1

Kito Mann kito.mann at VIRTUA.COM
Tue May 5 20:40:50 EDT 2009

Hello Ed,

I think you and Roger have done a wonderful job putting this all together,
especially with all of the different artifacts. A few comments:

PLD Docs

* Since we've decided to call it the VDL, why are these still called
PDLDocs?
* The <composite:attribute> "method-signature" should probably be renamed
"methodSignature" to be more consistent with the other attributes

PDF

Whole document -- "page description language" is still used in a few places
-- a Search and Replace needs to be performed, and this will create some
minor changes for the RI  (for example, the configuration in 11.4.5)

* Section 3.6.1.6, formatting is messed up
* Section 5.6.1, p 5-15: "resource" is spelled incorrectly when describing
getValue()
* Section 5.6.2 doesn't mention "flash" as an implicit variable, and I don't
see any other reference to how it is resolved in the PDF. The JavaDocs for
Flash say its an implicit variable called "flash".  In addition, I would
expect "flash" to be "flashScope" like the other scope (even though it has
special semantics). And why is flash a property of the ExternalContext
instead of the FacesContext?
* Section 13.1.1.1 -- As I've mentioned several times, it's silly for us not
to have a simple @AjaxResource annotation that encapsulates the standard
librarry name and its location. Every component developer is going to have
to do this themselves.
* Section 13.1.1.3 -- Same issue as 13.1.1.1 -- should be a
<h:outputAjaxScript/> element
* Section 13.1.1.3 -- Should say "The View Declaration Language Approach"

---
Kito D. Mann -- Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://twitter.com/kito99  http://twitter.com/jsfcentral
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info
+1 203-404-4848 x3