[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] Final Draft Release Candidate 1

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at SUN.COM
Wed May 6 12:56:52 EDT 2009

KM> Hello Ed,
KM> I think you and Roger have done a wonderful job putting this all together,
KM> especially with all of the different artifacts. A few comments:

KM> PLD Docs

KM> * Since we've decided to call it the VDL, why are these still called
KM> PDLDocs?

That's not worth fixing right now.

KM> * The <composite:attribute> "method-signature" should probably be renamed
KM> "methodSignature" to be more consistent with the other attributes

We'll have to live with that, unfortunately.

KM> PDF

KM> Whole document -- "page description language" is still used in a few places
KM> -- a Search and Replace needs to be performed, and this will create some
KM> minor changes for the RI  (for example, the configuration in 11.4.5)

Thanks, I thought I got those, but I guess not.  I hope some changes
were not over-ridden due to the inability of version control to deal
with .fm files correctly.

Fixed.

KM> * Section 3.6.1.6, formatting is messed up

Fixed

KM> * Section 5.6.1, p 5-15: "resource" is spelled incorrectly when describing
KM> getValue()

Fixed.

KM> * Section 5.6.2 doesn't mention "flash" as an implicit variable, and I don't
KM> see any other reference to how it is resolved in the PDF. The JavaDocs for
KM> Flash say its an implicit variable called "flash".

Fixed.

KM> In addition, I would
KM> expect "flash" to be "flashScope" like the other scope (even though it has
KM> special semantics).

For ease of use and convention with Rails.

KM> And why is flash a property of the ExternalContext instead of the
KM> FacesContext?

Portlet requirements.

KM> * Section 13.1.1.1 -- As I've mentioned several times, it's silly for us not
KM> to have a simple @AjaxResource annotation that encapsulates the standard
KM> librarry name and its location. Every component developer is going to have
KM> to do this themselves.

That's a new feature for 2.1

KM> * Section 13.1.1.3 -- Same issue as 13.1.1.1 -- should be a
KM> <h:outputAjaxScript/> element

That's a new feature for 2.1

KM> * Section 13.1.1.3 -- Should say "The View Declaration Language Approach"

Fixed.

Thanks.

Another draft, the final, forthcoming.

Ed