[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] Final Draft Release Candidate 1

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 6 14:32:15 EDT 2009

>> KM> * Section 5.6.2 doesn't mention "flash" as an implicit variable, and I
>> don't
>> KM> see any other reference to how it is resolved in the PDF. The JavaDocs
>> for
>> KM> Flash say its an implicit variable called "flash".
>>
>> Fixed.
>>
>> KM> In addition, I would
>> KM> expect "flash" to be "flashScope" like the other scope (even though it
>> has
>> KM> special semantics).
>>
>> For ease of use and convention with Rails.
>

> In that case, I think we should _also_ support flashScope. Otherwise it
> looks like we made a mistake to non-Rails developers.

I agree. Why the heck are we catering to Rails developers? Sure, Rails
presented an idea, but it doesn't mean we have to use the same name. Should
we call JPA ActiveRecord? (I'm not saying they are the same, it's just a
point). flashScope is the right name IMO.

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.