[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] Final Draft Release Candidate 1

Neil Griffin ngriffin at LIFERAY.COM
Wed May 13 08:37:28 EDT 2009

Ed, Roger,

Regarding section 3.6.1.4 "A simple composite component example", the
spec reads:

 >> Create the composite component markup page. In this case,
loginPanel.xhtml
 >> resides in the ./resources/ezcomp directory relative to the
index.xhtml file.

I'm one of those guys who likes to have all his views in a sub-folder
of the context-path, something like this:

	my-context-path/xhtml/index.xhtml

Anyways, I tried creating the following folder:

	my-context-path/xhtml/resources/ezcomp

And Tomcat's FileDirContext.file() method checks for the existence of
"resources/ezcomp" relative to my-context-path, and not the
index.xhtml file.

So when I renamed the resources folder to this:

	my-context-path/resources/ezcomp

Then my composite component started working. Not sure if this is true
with other servlet containers or app servers, but Tomcat doesn't seem
to offer any other option.

Neil