[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] Final Draft Release Candidate 1

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 14 17:31:58 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Neil Griffin <ngriffin at liferay.com> wrote:

> Ed, Roger,
>
> Regarding section 3.6.1.4 "A simple composite component example", the spec
> reads:
>
> >> Create the composite component markup page. In this case,
> loginPanel.xhtml
> >> resides in the ./resources/ezcomp directory relative to the index.xhtml
> file.
>
> I'm one of those guys who likes to have all his views in a sub-folder of
> the context-path, something like this:
>
>        my-context-path/xhtml/index.xhtml
>
> Anyways, I tried creating the following folder:
>
>        my-context-path/xhtml/resources/ezcomp
>
> And Tomcat's FileDirContext.file() method checks for the existence of
> "resources/ezcomp" relative to my-context-path, and not the index.xhtml
> file.
>
> So when I renamed the resources folder to this:
>
>        my-context-path/resources/ezcomp
>
> Then my composite component started working. Not sure if this is true with
> other servlet containers or app servers, but Tomcat doesn't seem to offer
> any other option.

Neil, we were actually discussing that in another thread =>
http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0904&L=JSR-314-OPEN&P=16181

My point was a slight variation of yours. I'm concerned that these composite
component templates are exposed as public pages. I would prefer if we mirror
the resources directory under WEB-INF so that you can have both a public and
a private repository.

..but as it stands now, the folder name resources is hard-coded. As Ed
points out, you have to use a Facelets configuration file to relocate the
template.

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.