[jsr-314-open] begin success complete and rendered?

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at SUN.COM
Sun May 24 20:40:44 EDT 2009

You know, that's a really good question - I don't think we considered
that use case.  Probably because we were expecting the rendering process
itself to not take a really noticeable amount of time.    Other than
rendering a new image component, or a complex canvas, or a really
complex table, I can't imagine it taking all that long - what are you
rendering?

(If it's just a single image tag that's rendering, you could always do a
onload attribute on that element...)

Though I haven't tested it, I think that a rendered event isn't going to
help you anyway if it's an image, since the image itself will be loaded
out of band (I think) after the DOM is updated, and the rendered event
will have long before fired off...  more or less mimicking what you're
already seeing.

Jim