[jsr-314-open] Execute phase of lifecycle in spec

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 25 10:29:34 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Andy Schwartz <andy.schwartz at oracle.com>wrote:

>  Dan Allen wrote On 5/24/2009 10:20 PM ET:
>
> On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 7:28 PM, David Geary <clarity.training at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Why would we show a diagram that we know is wrong? I'd also like to know
>> if Invoke Application is part of the execute portion of the lifecycle.
>

> It has to be. That's got to be a typo. The very definition of execute is to
> invoke something.
>

> I think the idea here is that we perform  partial traversals of the
> component tree and visit the "execute" ids during apply request values,
> process validations and update model.  Invoke application is slightly
> different - we simply deliver events and invoke the application action
> listener.  No partial traversal of the component tree occurs.  We should
> clean up the wording in section 13.4.2 to make that clearer.

Ah, that makes sense. Invocations occur, but only the action listener of the
target element...not anything just happened to be fired that would be
discovered from a tree walk. Yes, if you clarify that statement, then I
think folks will get it the first time. So my mistake for saying it is a
typo. It just needs to be slightly reworded for clarity.

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.