[jsr-314-open] mailinglist: looking for immediate action

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at Sun.COM
Tue Nov 10 00:14:02 EST 2009

DA> Pete, Andy, Lincoln and I would really like to get the following two issues
DA> ironed out before Pete, Andy and I go in front of the audience at Devoxx to
DA> give our "JSF 2 and beyond: Keeping progress" coming talk:

DA> #1. Fix the broken JSR-314-OPEN mailinglist archives: **
DA> http://archives.java.sun.com/jsr-314-open.html
DA> #2. Have a community maillinst or forum.

DA> We are willing to say that the JCP.org boards are the community forum, if we
DA> can get a statement from the JCP that the e-mail gateway will eventually
DA> work (http://wiki.jcp.org/boards/index.php?b=958)

DA> The main emphasis is this talk is community involvement. It's pretty useless
DA> for us to stand up there and have zero options for the community to get
DA> involved. jsr314-comments at jcp.org is not a solution.

DA> I'm willing to get on a conference call if necessary to get some
DA> action.

Hello Dan. As I have mentioned several times to you before, the JCP and
Sun are under duress due to ongoing well reported regulatory concerns.
This certainly does not excuse their apparent unresponsiveness but it
can explain it.

I recommend you do this.

1. Call Max Lanfranconi of the JCP Program office and identify yourself
as the JBoss EG rep for JSR-314.

2. Mention that your spec leads have tried to resolve this issue but
have thus far not been accomodated.

3. Mention that you have the option to escalate to your EC
representative on this issue.

Dan, I understand your position and I hope you understand mine.  Do you
feel that Roger and I have done enough to resolve this?  If not what
other actions can we take to ensure your satisfaction?

Ed