[jsr-314-open] Fwd: [seam-dev] Interesting feedback on error reports

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 11:52:28 EST 2009

I think this article points out two important things:

1. JSF 2 is improving with regard to reporting what the problem is (line
number and message)
2. We can take this as an opportunity to figure out how to communicate the
problem better to the user

When people criticize JSF or Java EE in this way, we need to see it as a
good use case for how to improve the experience.

Of course, tooling vendors can run with this too ;)

-Dan

p.s. Btw, in a future Java EE I would love to see a type safe EL (or at
least a smarter EL that can help tools find problems easier).

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III <
lincolnbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:

> But facelets does tell you the line and number. There's almost nothing we
> can do to fix the lack of compilation problem. That's where tooling comes
> in.
>
> Lincoln Baxter III
> http://ocpsoft.com
> http://scrumshark.com
> Keep it simple.
>
> On Nov 13, 2009 7:20 AM, "Pete Muir" <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> The first item of this blog is relevant to JSF - a comment on error
> pages...
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org>
> > Date: 13 November 2009 08:06:08 GMT