[jsr-314-open] Components

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at oracle.com
Thu Oct 15 13:25:50 EDT 2009

Dan -

Thanks for summarizing the thoughts below - it captures my thinking as
well.  I am not especially interested in spec'ing a full blown rich
component set, but I do think we have work to do to fill out some of the
more gaping holes in the standard components.

Regarding a document component - yep, I would like to see this
considered since the type of content (eg. HTML vs. XHTML) and the choice
of dtd may vary by render kit, yet we do not have an abstraction that
covers this today.  I think that this could live in the h:namespace as
it is a slightly higher level abstraction for the <html> element.

Andy