[jsr-314-open] DRY and form with JSF 2

Norbert.Truchsess at t-online.de Norbert.Truchsess at t-online.de
Tue Sep 15 07:48:28 EDT 2009

it would be way less overhead, if there would be a reference back from
the inputText to the outputLabel that is actually stored with the
inputText and not just logically defined by the 'for' attribute of
label. If a reference to the outputLabel would be stored in a collection
with the inputText by setting the 'for'-attribute on outputLabel it
could be just taken from there and wouln't require runtime-walk of the
component-tree to be retrieved.

Such a mechanism to define (and resolve) inter-component-relationships
more efficiently would be helpfull in many other cases where components
logically belonging together are not in a parent-child (or parent-facet)
relationship. A good (and recently discussed) example is form-based
validation by a custom-validator where the validator would have to get
access to (logically, but not nessesary hirarchically) related
components as well.

- Norbert