[jsr-314-open] Nested composite component facet insertion/rendering issue

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 15:08:29 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Ed Burns <Ed.Burns at sun.com> wrote:

> said:
>
> DA> I suppose it depends on whether insertFacet attaches a facet to the
> parent
> DA> component or whether it inserts the contents of the facet inline. I
> suspect
> DA> the latter. In that case, you woud need to wrap insertFacet in
> <f:facet>,
> DA> right?

Hmm, I didn't have the spec with me at the time (future Android app?) and I
guessed wrong. Given it's the other way around, then I guess there isn't
much other choice than to go with option #1 in the correlated e-mail
(targetName attribute on insertFacet).

Personally, I would have preferred it the other way around, where the
explicit <f:facet> wrapper in the implementation is required. But I can see
how the extra typing would not be well received.

Registered Linux User #231597