[jsr-314-open] revisiting the JSR-314 openness policy

Roger Kitain Roger.Kitain at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 23 13:56:07 EDT 2009

On a related note....

As some of you may know, the EG archive mechanism for our EG emails has
been broken.
In other words, any emails sent to jsr-314-open alias have not been
archived in our well known
familiar place.
I just got off the phone with  a JCP individual about this.  It appears
that this started happening
around June when the JCP went through a makeover of their site.
The gist of it is that the archiving mechanism has been replaced  forum
based mechanism:
http://wiki.jcp.org/boards/index.php?b=jsr-314-public
So any emails sent to jsr-314-public would (or should) show up here.
They also said that the older jsr-314-open messages could be injected
into this forum so we
would not lose anything.

I'm still awaiting specific
details about the new process and what we need to do to rectify the
situation, but it may mean
we change from jsr-314-open to jsr-314-public.  I will let you know as
soon as I find out more.

-roger