[jsr-314-open] AJAX library in JSF 2.0

Alexander Smirnov asmirnov at exadel.com
Wed Sep 30 18:43:12 EDT 2009

On 09/29/2009 04:16 PM, Jim Driscoll wrote:
> On 9/28/09 5:08 PM, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
>> N.B. about Mojarra implementation. It replaces the name of "jsf.js"
>> library in the UIViewRoot#ComponentResources collection by
>> "jsf-compressed.js" or "jsf-uncompressed.js" that depends of the project
>> stage, but never specification nor API docs have any mention about that,
>> so component developer can miss already loaded library.
>
> You're right: that's a bug. I've filed this bug as 1343 against Mojarra.
> Please feel free to file bugs against the implementation as you find
> them - we're fixing them agressively, and if you wait to tell us, it's
> liable we'll ship with them still there otherwise.
It would be better to delegate choose of particular file, compressed or
uncompressed, to ResourceHandler/Resource, and let developers ability to
provide compressed version of JavaScript/Stylesheet for production
stage. For example, in the production stage, look first for resource
with additional ".compressed" or ".production" suffix and, if such
resource exists, send its contents instead of the original file.