[jsr-314-open] [jsf2next] PROJECT_STAGE system property configuration

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 7 19:22:44 EST 2010

On 1/7/10 12:27 PM, Dan Allen wrote:
> We need to make sure this request makes it out of the mailinglist and in
> front of the Java EE spec leads. Is there a formal way for one spec to
> propose and enhancement to another spec, other than submitting a JSR? We
> want to propose it in such a way that they understand that all of us
> that support it are pushing/voting for it.

Well, besides Ed giving Roberto a call, I'm not aware of a formal process.

But if folks here want it, the simplest way to ensure that it happens is
for the EE EG rep from your company to push for it (hint to Dan) - it
seems small enough that it should be contained inside the EE umbrella
specification, and flow down to subordinate specs, rather than being a
separate spec itself.

Jim

P.S.  Keep in mind, though, that the EE 6 ship has already sailed, so
we're talking about EE 7 - which isn't going to happen too quickly.