[jsr-314-open] [Fwd: CDI and JSF Phase Listeners]

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 07:30:58 EST 2010

On 12 Jan 2010, at 08:40, Martin Marinschek wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> PM> Is this something we can prototype in MyFaces or Mojarra sooner?
>>
>> I'm happy to point out that Mojarra has had this mechanism since May of
>> 2006.  Take a look at
>> <MOJARRA>/jsf-ri/src/com/sun/faces/spi/InjectionProvider.java.
>
> MyFaces, just like Mojarra, also has something like this. However, I
> don't believe both approaches support other artefacts than
> managed-beans - and they really should.

Yeah, I was aware of this, however it's limited in two ways:

* doesn't support instance creation delegation (required to support constructor injection)
* only relevant for managed beans, not used for other JSF components such as phase listeners, UI components, events etc. (I traced the code paths :-)

Matthias, please do forward wherever you like :-)

Pete