[jsr-314-open] [jsf2.next] <h:head> vs. <head>

Neil Griffin neil.griffin at portletfaces.org
Tue Jan 12 10:37:03 EST 2010

Once again, I'm reviving an older thread. So glad to be able to post again! :-)

When running in a portlet environment, it is forbidden for a JSF portlet to render tags like <head> and <body>. Tags like that are controlled by the portlet container, when aggregating portlet fragments into a complete HTML document.

So I think it would be better to have the page author to explicitly specify h:head and h:body. If they specify plain old <head> and <body> then the portlet container will likely strip them out. Currently, we can override the renderers for h:head and h:body in a portlet bridge in order to have them not render those tags.

Neil